Friday, September 5, 2008

Where Has The Time Gone?

24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

I can't believe that it has been so long since I posted about this woman.  And what a woman she is.  I put these two together because not only did this woman make garments for others, and sold them to merchants, no less.  She also clothed herself!  But, with strength and dignity.  I am sorry to sound like a broken record, but she made the garments after she had faithfully fulfilled all her other duties as a wife.    Hint, Hint.  So again we see that this woman was organized.  She knew how to set priorities for herself and follow them.  And then, she worked on her other projects.  Oh gosh... I think I just want to quit right here!  Ha Ha.  I am feeling a little convicted as I type.  To be a Godly woman, able to work with other merchants in a Christ like manner.  Integrity comes to mind.  Trustworthy, those merchants would not want to buy from someone who did shabby work.  What kind of work do you do for others?  You know, I have tried to do my best, even though I am giving away my designs, to do them.... as unto the Lord.  To the best of my ability.  Now, I need to let that idea overflow to other areas of my life.  Are there areas of your life that you could work on?  Now the fact that she was clothed with strength and dignity.  She radiated these qualities.  I know some people in my life that just radiate, Christ.  When I  am around them, they want to know what He is doing in my life, they share what He has done in theirs.  It is an overflow of who they are.  They are "covered" with His strength and dignity.  But the best part is the last 8 words of this passage.  You know why?  Because of the fact that she could laugh at the days to come!  Who knows what we are going to face tomorrow?   What kind of testing and trials we may face.  God does.  And this woman had already settled it with Him that no matter what, she was going to be able to face it with joy!  Now that is comforting.  Right ?  So lets settle it right now for us, that no matter what we are facing, or will face that we will do it with joy, being able to laugh at the days to come.  His, Teri 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

My Scrapbook Layouts

Strut Your Stuff Here!