Thursday, September 11, 2008

Woof! Woof! And "Top Ten Reasons" Hurricane Season is Like Christmas

 Woof_preview Woof_Hitch

I told you to be on the lookout for Meow's buddy Woof!  And I won't disappoint!  HeHe...I used an overlay on the one of my awesome dog, Hitch.  And I changed the bevels, but on the overlay for download it is the basic one that I have always done.   I was able to mess a little on my computer today.  It looks like that Ike will go north of us, but I can't imagine the headaches around the Houston, Galveston area.  Pray for them.  I am hoping to work on a few more goodies this weekend if we are able to keep our electricity.  I am ( I was gonna say "pooped" but changed my mind!  LOL) tired tonight so, it wont be a long post.  But for those who might be effected by Ike, I leave you with this email I got and found it to be humorous. 

Top Ten Reasons Hurricane Season is Like Christmas

10. Decorating the house (boarding up windows). 
9. Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season (camping 
gear, flashlights). 
8. Last minute shopping in crowded stores. 
7. Regular TV shows pre-empted for "specials". 
6. Family coming to stay with you. 
5. Family and friends from out-of-state calling. 
4. Buying food you don't normally buy ... and in large quantities. 
3. Days off from work. 
2. Candles.and . . . . 
1. And the number one reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas . . .... 
At some point you know you're going to have a tree in your house!

11 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 Sep [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).

Anonymous said...

Teri... I LOVE your analogy of hurricane season! I lived in New Orleans all of my adult life, and moved to Australia before Katrina hit... having watched that and this years'season, I have to say, I am really happy to be so far away from such possible devastation. I love your site and thank you so much for sharing your talents. Vickey

Bree said...

Thank you for Woof and Meow. We don't have pets right now, but have in our childhoods, so these will be nice to remember them with.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! Love your attitude about the hurricane.

Aleah'sMommy said...

Well that is one way to put humor into a scary situation! I like that last one the best though.

Anonymous said...

thanks for WOOF, I have 4 little dogs so I am sure I will put this to good use. I love the kit you used to scrap your picture with.

Anonymous said...

Oh and yes, I will say a prayer for you and your family and for everyone who is in the path of Ike and for those who chose not to evacuate.

Ladye said...

Your Top Ten are much better than David Letterman's, they actually make sense...LOL This I wite as I sit here waiting for Ike to make landfall about 30 miles from my house. NOT my fav thing to do let me tell you and this year the hurricanes seem so disorganized, so it makes it even worse. BTW love your photo templates, thanks.

poki said...

Hope all is well for you and your family. I can see by the pictures that Galveston (one of my favorite towns in Texas) didn't fare too well.

Anonymous said...

I have downloaded a lot of your things but I have something like this woof block already. Yours is cute too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the freebie and your site is inspiring as is the music.

My Scrapbook Layouts

Strut Your Stuff Here!