Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Shedding Some Light

I have had several emails as to how to use the overlays that I offer.  In the older ones there was an instruction sheet along with my TOU.  Now that I have changed my TOU it is no longer included.  So I will make this post, that way it will be available in my archives.  I am also going to try to just make more of them in the .png to simplify things whenever possible.  So, number one you need to have a program that accepts either .png or .psd files and works in layers.  If it is a .png file, then all you have to do is open the file and put your photo in a layer under the .png file and adjust to fit!    Its that simple.  Now if you are using a .psd file, then you open the file, and put your photo above the layer with the black lettering, (the square box with the letters attached) and then you merge it onto the layer below by hitting "ctrl G" then you merge down.  It is creating a clipping mask.  You are in essence, making your photo take the place of (merging) the black letterbox.  It takes on the attributes of that layer.  Hope this clears up some of the confusion.  Enjoy, Teri

No comments:

My Scrapbook Layouts

Strut Your Stuff Here!